Wednesday 6 April 2016

Drabble Wednesday: Disappeared

Today Drabble Wednesday does a vanishing act…






Ghosts

Have you ever been so afraid that you didn’t want to open your eyes?
That you wanted to stay in the dark?
Because there was nothing you could do to stop what's coming?
Every night since we moved into this house I’ve felt that afraid.
Whenever they came into my room.
They simply appeared at the foot of my bed, mouthing silent words, before vanishing.
The dead ones.
No one believed me. They sent me to doctors. Told me I was hallucinating.
Oh, why didn’t they believe me?
They’ll believe now.
Now that I’m missing.
Now that they’ve taken me.

~*~





Magic

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
I mean who wouldn’t want to dabble in magic? Real, honest-to-goodness, change reality magic. And I was good at it. Sure there were a few missteps, but nothing major.
Until that one big mistake.
Just one bad pronunciation, and boom! Mystical backlash and the guy teaching me the spell is dead.
And that wasn’t the worst of it.
Despite everything the spell worked.
Problem is, I can’t turn it off. And the only person who knew how is, well, deceased.
And let me tell you, being invisible gets old quick.

~*~





Hell

What if hell isn’t what we thought?
No fire, no brimstone, no devil.
Torment, yes, but the rest… I don’t think it exists.
I died you see, I’m not sure when, but it’s been a while, and I didn’t go to heaven.
I didn’t expect to go there—I’ve never been a good person—but I didn’t expect this.
Hell is some kind of limbo.
Eternally drifting outside the living world. Watching everything you used to be pass you by. Never touching, never interacting. No one can see or hear you. Ever. It’s a totality of in-between.
An invisible hell.



© A. F. Stewart 2016 All Rights Reserved



You may have notice Drabble Wednesday posted earlier today. That’s because it’s a double act today on the blog, with another #B2BCYCON author feature also posting.



No comments:

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews